MTS Silicon Design Engineer - 160121
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Silicon Design Verification Engineer
Will work with a team of other verification engineers to verify a state-of-the-art microprocessor core. As well as defining and implementing test plans including stimulus, checking and functional coverage plans at different levels of design hierarchy including unit and full-chip environments. Developing high-level language test benches and test bench components including stimulus drivers, BFMs, behavioral models, monitors, and checkers. Writing tests with constrained randomization, debugging simulation fails, and working with designers to fix design bugs. Analyzing, and closing, functional coverage. Assist with silicon observations, often requiring replication of behaviors in simulation, to root cause.
AMD is looking for a hardworking, detail-oriented and motivated design verification engineers who are interested in functional verification of x86 microprocessor cores. You’ll have the opportunity to work on and learn about some of the industry’s groundbreaking microarchitectural designs while you build verification plans for new design features and architectural improvements. Your contributions will impact products that span the global x86 market from server, to desktop and laptop designs.
- Hardware verification methodology and techniques such as simulation, debug, coverage, formal, etc.,
- Simulation and debug with a Verilog based functional simulator,
- Object-Oriented Programming with C/C++ and SystemVerilog, UVM,
- Hands-on work in C++ programming for either hardware modeling or testbench development or projects of similar scope and complexity
- Strong knowledge of microprocessor architecture (x86 preferred),
- Coding in x86 Assembly language,
- Scripting with Perl or equivalent languages,
- Demonstrate good communication skills, and abilities to work with a diverse team.
- Test plan development and execution for complex digital designs,
- Writing and maintaining C++ code, SystemVerilog code.
- Functional verification experience with digital designs,
- Working experience in a UNIX/LINUX software environment.
- BS + 8 years or MS + 6 years or PhD + 2-3 years Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Architecture work experience
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Requisition Number: 160121
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.