MTS Silicon Design Engineer 171921
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
dDPU Power and Performance Attainment Lead
At AMD, our focus is around high-performance gaming (RDNA architecture) and computing (CDNA architecture) using Radeon Technologies, opening new territory and pushing boundaries to gain generation to generation improvements in many performance KPIs not just at SOC but also system level. You will gaming drive dGPU (RDNA) products’ power constrained performance achievement methodology advancement and lead execution cross functional teams for performance & power projection and attainment. This is an exciting domain space to be in working on world-class SOC products. We have a competitive benefit package and an award-wining culture. Join us!
You have strong communication and presentation skills, strong analytical/problem-solving and project management skills. You are self-directed, a strategic problem solver, able to handle complexity and ambiguity. Finally, you can work effectively and lead through influence in a cross-functional/matrixed organization. Prior pre-silicon power analysis and/or optimization experience using models. A thoughtful leader of industry methodologist in this domain is a big plus.
- Advance start of art methodology for power constrained performance achievement using power and performance models to scale to all growing RDNA product segments with predictability.
- Profiling and co-optimization of relative performance constrained by power using power and performance models results to forecast and attain to targets.
- Track simulation and/or emulation results and correlate with model predictions.
- Track post silicon performance bring up and debug of new silicon, with and without power constraints and power management features fully enabled.
- Analyze results and possible causes for underperforming using advanced methodologies.
- Coordinate corrective actions activity
- Application use case performance workload analysis, projection, and architecture exploration and power & performance attainment
- Project leadership skills in a matrix organization to drive successful project completion with quality
- Good programming skills: preference for Python language and Shell scripting
- Good understanding of computer organization/architecture
- Strong understanding of model-based performance analysis methodologies and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a key attention to detail
- Data quality analysis such as data mining/machine learning is desirable
- EE and CS/CE or ECE degree(s) are required. MS degree is required, and PhD degree is preferred.
Austin, TX; Folsom, CA, Santa Clara, CA; Bellevue, WA - Flexibility with other AMD locations
Requisition Number: 171921
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.