MTS Silicon Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Emulation Silicon Design Engineer
Develop/Enhance emulation based pre-silicon methodologies and environment to improve perf/watt for next generation of Radeon processors
- Using emulation, analyze various frames of multiple games/applications for performance/power consumption
- Work with RTL Designers, micro-architects and physical design team to optimize design for Low Power
- Help correlate power/performance between pre-silicon & post-silicon platform
- Power Management Feature Validation through emulation.
- Prior understanding of GPU/CPU pipeline architecture; GPU is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Verilog and a scripting language; experience with Perl and python is a plus
- Prior knowledge of OpenGL/OpenCL/DirectX is a plus
- Prior knowledge of PTPX/Synopsys tools
- Strong understanding of digital and analog electronics.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work across multiple teams.
Location: Santa Clara, CA - Potential flexibility with other AMD site locations
Requisition Number: 174901
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.