MTS Systems Design Eng.
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Power & Performance System Engineer
As part of the Power and Performance Optimization group, the Client Power Performance Attainment team provides power battery life and performance engineering expertise on AMD mobile and desktop platforms. The core purpose of the team is to deliver high-quality power/performance assessments of our products/platforms, which benefits the following areas:
- Product Development: Pre-production performance/battery life characterization and optimization
- Marketing: AMD product definition/power-performance trade-offs
- Customer: Root-cause resolution of customer battery life and performance issues
- Analyzing interactions between various power management features and optimizing their configurations for power and performance at customer platforms.
- Work along with Power, Platform, and SOC Architects to improve power models used for future programs
- Executing MSFT ADK tests
- Executing Chrome OS tests
- Executing power characterization plans for power management features.
- Setting up systems and power measurement equipment for automated test framework.
- Proactively driving continuous improvement for post-silicon power characterization related procedure and customers’ design platform Battery Life and performance attainment
- Good understanding of computer/SoC architecture and ACPI specification
- Good understanding of board layout and schematics
- PC Notebook design/support Background, prefer in PC OEM/ODM EE team or IHV/ISV Application Engineer team
- PC/Hardware Design in some form at circuit board to production
- Working knowledge of Windows OS and software, Linux/ChromeOS is plus
- Must be involved in the power performance optimization and share past scenarios doing so
- Power/thermal management experience is an asset
- Experience working in a lab environment, including use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, soldering iron
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Must be willing to work in a highly dynamic environment (with tight deadlines and ever changing priorities).
Requisition Number: 163106
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.