MTS Sys/Test Validation Eng.
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, Immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
System Validation Engineer
AMD Platform validation engineering team handles the system level validation of AMD Client products including both CPU and APU. Co-working with other teams (Firmware, Silicon, Board Design, SW, etc.) to enable AMD latest APU/CPU features and root cause the silicon/system issues. You will touch cutting edge silicon, FW, and hardware technologies. You will have chances to see how they will be implemented in our products.
A quick learner for new technologies. Excellent communication skill (both verbal and written), including Mandarin and English. Key performance skills include decision making, issue debugging, problem solving, status reporting, teamwork.
- To verify and validate hardware products designed and developed in house at AMD using the standard qualification process developed within the hardware qualification group and participates in creating/improving all phases of test procedures and methodologies.
- Basic debugging capability of performance issue.
- Ensure the failures found in testing is real issue and support the internal design team to find the root cause of the issues.
- Executing and/or automating the tests with the instruction of team lead and able to independently work.
- Communicate with various internal departments to resolve anomalies
- Participate in issuing internal/external releasable test reports.
PREFERRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor/Master's degree of electrical engineering/computer science/computer engineering.
- Good written and oral communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and effectively to meet time requirements.
- Familiar with AMD APU/CPU product and Desktop/Mobile system validation.
- Proficient in using all MS operating systems and the configuration/setting of PCs.
- Shanghai, Pudong, Zhangjiang
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 181986
Country/Region/Location: China State/Province: Shanghai City: Shanghai
Job Function: Design