Music Supervisor (Esports) - Riot Music Group
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community, and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who enjoy pushing the boundaries in music and media.
That's where you come in.
As a Music Supervisor on the Riot Games Music Supervision team, you'll report to the Lead Music Supervisor and collaborate with artist partnership teams to help Esports teams implement their creative vision. You'll take the lead on sourcing, curating, and licensing music for live events, broadcasts, marketing/content materials, etc. and will be a central subject matter expert at Riot for music supervision and licensing. You'll collaborate with external composers, artists, and music-related talent, as well as our legal, finance, and publishing creatives, to achieve the Esports team's goals. You will help teams create impactful music moments that resonate in culture, follow brand guidelines and establish clear and cohesive music narratives across our games and Esports. Additionally, you will support the strategic growth of Riot's owned catalog while being an advocate for the Riot Games Music team and will encourage knowledge sharing and standard methodologies to ensure we are always at a high standard within the music industry and are thoughtful partners.
- Bring a strategic lens to curating and pitching music for multiple product teams across the Esports pillar.
- Support teams and artists with creative production guidance on custom music tracks and foster beneficial collaborations with artists and labels.
- Identify, secure, and collaborate with music-related talent, including composers, songwriters, recording artists, musicians, orchestrators, arrangers, music producers, etc.
- Negotiate with talent representation, including legal, label, talent management, agency, business management, etc.
- Manage and/or secure legal rights of our recordings, clearances of Synchronization and Master use licenses of pre-existing music, credits, cue sheets, etc. within scheduling parameters.
- Collaborate and communicate with other professionals & support staff, i.e. marketing, publishing, game development, creative leadership, audio post-production, agencies, clients, etc.
- Determine and advise on the financial needs of projects and produce realistic budgets for all music-related costs.
- Determine the viability of creating and securing exposure or distribution of any music-related ancillary product, i.e. soundtrack, single, video, internet downloads, etc., for promotion or additional revenue streams.
- Help refine processes around tracking and managing requests, status, budget, and additional details across assigned projects.
- Track overall sync quote and license progress through issuing, signature, and receiving payment, and the conclusion of license deals with Product, Finance, and Legal Teams
- Advise timeline feasibility based on release, broadcast, campaign, or product delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the television, film, entertainment or video game field in a music licensing capacity, with experience in negotiations and agreements
- Experience driving production for creative collaborations between teams and music artists.
- Experience working in multiple genres of music.
- Have accurate knowledge of all costs associated with the delivery of music elements.
- Project management, networking, and presentation experience
- Must be highly organized and able to oversee projects simultaneously
- Knowledgeable about the gaming industry, including newest trends and events
- Experience working with international teams and global music talent.
- Passion for esports and Riot's games
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.