Music Supervisor (F/H/NB)
At Ubisoft's International Headquarters, you will join the Ubisoft Music team which, from Montreal, Paris & Shanghai, brings together the company's music supervision, music licensing, publishing and artistic partnerships activities.
Reporting to the Director of Music Operations, you will put your musical skills at the service of others to source the right talent and aim to bring an iconic musical signature to any given visual media (video game, film, trailer, corporate logo, advertising, etc.). As a Music Supervisor, your role will be to work with the key creative decision makers of each project to collectively determine the musical vision, tone and style that best suits every project that will come under your responsibility.
In this position, your main missions are:
- You collaborate on the creation of music vision, creating the music brief for the project and liaising with composers on vision, style, quality and technical details.
- You identify and secure any required music-related talent (composers, arrangers, songwriters, musicians, music producers, engineers…) and facilitate the production and recording process.
- You are responsible for the AAA film quality score accountability.
- You supervise the original music deliveries by sharing detailed feedback and ensuring the music delivered is aligned with the vision and consistent with specific technical requirements.
- You ensure the feasibility of the project: advising on financial needs, generating realistic budget, delivering all required music elements, and advising on feasibility of schedule based on release, broadcast, campaign or product delivery.
- In collaboration with the Music Business Director and the Legal Department, you liaise and negotiate with talent representation, including legal, label, talent management, agency, business management.
- In collaboration with the Music Licensing team, you ensure the curation of pre-existing music for various types of projects (ingame radios, marketing trailers for example) and share all the relevant information to help with the clearance process.
- Working with the Music Business Director, you identify AAA music artists partnerships opportunities for integration in the development or promotional campaign of our games.
- In partnership with the Music Marketing Director, you bring the music produced to a product-ready state to secure its exposure and distribution under the form of a soundtrack, single, music video for the purpose of promotion or additional revenue streams.
- Finally, you keep an ear out for new trends and listen to pitches from labels and music publishing companies, sharing your findings with the rest of the team and keeping challenging yourself.
To be successful in this position, you have significant experience in the music industry (record label, music publisher, distribution, rights management), the video game industry or a similar industry (television, cinema, etc.), in an international environment.
If you want to join us to take up this challenge and you recognize yourself in the following statements, then don't hesitate!
- You are passionate about video games and music for games.
- You are familiar with a broad range of music and a wide knowledge of music history.
- You have demonstrated musical skills as a musician and/or a composer.
- You have experience in all phases of music design and production (recording sessions, technical implementation, knowledge of cost associated, etc.).
- You have a good understanding of the ins and outs of music licensing.
- You master DAW systems (e.g. Pro-Tools, Logic, Cubase, Sound forge, Reaper). If you know the audio engines currently on the market (e.g. Wwise, FMOD), this is a bonus!
- Thanks to your strong interpersonal and communication skills, you are able to interact well with all levels of business partners.
- Fluency in English is a must, both written and verbal. Fluency in French is a plus!
Don’t hesitate and send us your application if you want to join us in this permanent position at our International HQ based in Saint-Mandé.
Joining Ubisoft means joining a company that sends you all the thrilling vibes and energy you can find in a startup, along with all the perks of a big company! These include:
- Profit sharing
- A workplace team dedicated to make your daily work experience at Ubisoft the best: Monday morning breakfasts, rest areas, gaming areas, free hot drinks and fresh fruit, discount on a wide range of shows…
- And that’s naming just a few!
If you are interested in this position and reckon you have what it takes, all you have left to do is send in your application via SmartRecruiters. We will get back to you within 3 weeks and if we think your profile matches the needs for the role, we will organize a 20-30 minutes phonecall, followed up by 2 to 3 interviews as well as a case study.
We look forward to reading you!!
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
The position is attached to the International Headquarters.