Narrative Designer [Anno] (f/m/d)
Anno is a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, offering a rich city-building experience and providing players ample opportunity to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistics networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
As a Narrative Designer on our team, you will design consistent and believable narrative content to enrich the world and fantasy of the game in line with the Lead Narrative Designer’s vision.
From concept phase to finalized content, you take part in creating, iterating and fine-tuning believable narrative designs to AAA quality that create an emotional impact on the players and accompany them through the game.
What you will do:
- Implement the game’s narrative according to the principles established by the Lead Narrative Designer
- Use the game’s internal tools to design, integrate and debug all narrative events and features.
- Design quests and stories that embody the characters and help build the game world.
- Work closely with art, design and programming teams, among others.
- Create and iterate the projects’ world and story documentation
- Participate in the development of specific features, audio or visual assets
- Make necessary changes and iterate on narrative systems and designs
What you bring:
- University Degree, ideally in Humanities or similar high level of general education
- (preferred) 2+ years’ experience in game development, working with narrative aspects of the game, with at least 1 shipped title in a narrative design/writer position
- (preferred) Experience working on a strategy or RTS title
- Exceptionally good written and verbal English
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and a strong team player
- A proven background in history or research
- Strengths in game design or system design
- Imagination, creativity and a talent for creating stories and characters
- Positive attitude and strong communication skills
* Familiarity with the Anno Franchise and strategy games is a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please feel free to send us samples of your work (attach files or leave us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio in your message)
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability, or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/.