As a Narrative Designer at Ubi Quebec, you'll be a part of a collaborative team focused on creating a rich experience for players in an open world that allows them to make meaningful choices.
You will partner with scriptwriters to create compelling, non-linear stories and key narrative mechanics within the game.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the team to understand the overall game vision;
- Brainstorm and research ideas + discuss your findings with collaborative, cross-discipline teams;
- Pitch your ideas, create proposals, documentation, in collaboration with both writers and other disciplines to fully realize narrative features and content for the game;
- Carefully construct branching, interactive narratives with an economic approach to dialogue choice and consequence while centering the player experience;
- Act as a bridge between narrative and other disciplines, as well as an advocate for storytelling in various aspects of the game when needed;
- Master Oasis, Ubisoft’s proprietary writing tool and keep your story elements error-free;
- Create and maintain detailed narrative design documents to guide cross-functional teams throughout production;
- Be open to feedback and repeatedly iterate on narrative content in the dynamic environment that game development requires;
- Be able to critically, constructively, and succinctly provide narrative feedback to team members from multiple disciplines;
- Be able to act as a game narrative expert supporting other disciplines in art, audio, and design.
What you bring
- A degree in Creative Writing, Literature, Film, or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of game development experience or related experience;
- Deep, intuitive understanding of non-linear and branching narrative, systemic narrative practices and game production processes;
- A passion for video games as a storytelling medium;
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit;
- Curiosity, flexibility, and plenty of resourcefulness;
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Ability to adapt to feedback and to iterate on design;
- Experience with branching tools.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- A variety of samples of your best work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio). The samples should demonstrate your ability to construct a branching, non-linear story, or interactive story. Additionally, a demonstration of how you create narrative mechanics is a plus.
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.