Narrative designer - unannounced project (M/NB/W)
A Narrative Designer stands by the Narrative team, working closely with Writers, Gameplay Designers, Programmers, Audio Designers and Mission Designers.
Uniting narrative structures and game systems to provide players with an immersive and captivating experience, always focusing on the coherence of the narrative above all.
The role demands to shape, communicate, and ensure the consistency of the narration with the creative vision, in tandem with the UX, UI, Audio and GD teams. This includes documenting, testing and implementing the narrative structure in the game.
Your tasks will be as follows
- Collaborate with the Narrative Team in developing the game’s story, structure, characters, tone, pacing and world-building with a focus on the seamless integration of narrative within the project.
- Under the direction of the Narrative Lead, design and prototype narrative systems and content using our proprietary game engine.
- In collaboration with the UX, UI and Game Design teams, define the best way to communicate relevant gameplay and narrative information to the player.
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to narrative tools, workflows, and pipelines; ensure best practices are maintained throughout the game’s development.
- Participate in establishing the core narrative experiences to deliver to our players.
Demonstrable previous experience as a Narrative Designer with at least one shipped game.
Experience creating clear, understandable design and technical documentation
Understanding of narrative, game design and visual/cinematic storytelling techniques
A good sense of timing, pacing and flow
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
We will also appreciate a previous experience with creating first or third person games, as well as an experience in systems narrative design.
An understanding of localization and dialogues pipelines will also help.
The role will be located in Montreuil
Joining our studios in France also means :
- Join one of the leaders of the video game industry in France that is present in 30 countries with evolution possibilities in one of them
- Work with passionate teams with great technical expertise. All of them are willing to design and create high quality, innovative games
- Collaborate with teams that are known for their strong experience of known IPs
- Build your own expertise joining our internal events (talks, salons, conferences) and benefit from our personalized training programs
As an employer, Ubisoft offers equal chances to everyone no matter their gender, ethnicity, faith, sexual preferences, handicap or age.
Ubisoft develops an inclusive workplace, doing their best to reflect the diversity or their gamer community within the production teams.