Narrative Director [Tom Clancy's the Division 2]
As Narrative Director on Tom Clancy’s the Division 2, you will be key in defining and executing the game’s narrative strategy. Working closely with the Creative Director, you will lead a group of passionate writers and narrative designers, and be the driver of all narrative-related matters within this record-breaking game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
- Coordinating with the Creative director to define the story for upcoming releases;
- Coordinating with Cinematics team, reviewing cutscenes to ensure they are on par with the vision;
- Leading casting and voice recording sessions;
- Being responsible for all set pieces through storylines, screen-tests;
- Ensuring the overall coherence of the storyline/scripted events throughout the game;
- Providing guidelines in regards to the development of specific narrative/scripted event features and assets;
- Ensuring the quality of the script, scene breakdowns, and final edits of the scenes and cinematics;
- Contributing to the writing process and ensuring that the narrative scenes and cinematics are integrated into the gameplay;
- Ensuring constant communication between the development team and other project stakeholders;
- Training and coaching new narrative team members
You have a passion for storytelling and you take pride in enabling the team around you to deliver the highest possible quality. You are a creative person who can work autonomously, and who has the ability to be analytical and rigorous. You have previous experience in a Narration role through a AAA game release, or a similar-sized production.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Advanced level in Narration (creating compelling stories and characters) and Narrative Design
- You can communicate fluently in English, our company language
- You are passionate about creating games and have a good grasp of culture within different media (cinema, literature, theater)
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.