Firaxis Games is looking for a talented Narrative Lead for a sequel to an established AAA Title. This is an opportunity to join an established team behind some of the industry’s most beloved franchises such as the XCOM and the Civilization series and work on a beloved worldwide IP.
What is the role?
We are looking for someone to own and execute the Narrative of an upcoming title. You will work closely with the Creative Director to help create a story in a well-known IP universe. Working with a team you will drive the execution of a strong narrative vision.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can effectively direct a team of writers, both internal and external across multiple locations.
- Has shipped at least one AAA title in a credited Lead or Director role.
- Is experienced in writing cinematics as well as in-game content (including branching dialogues).
- Is experienced using in-game tools and can help drive their development.
- Can represent the story of the game both internally as well as to external partners.
- Has a sense of visual storytelling. Can work with the Cinematic Director as well as writers, designers, and animators to help block-out, build, and finalize scenes.
- Strong writing skills, particularly dialog.
- Mastery of story structure and pacing across media.
- Strong communication skills – able to collaborate with multiple disciplines effectively.
Nice to haves:
- A Proficiency in Unreal and/or other game engines.
- Voice or live action Directing experience
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.