.NET Backend Developer
Ubisoft Kyiv is looking for an online programmer to join our Online Services team!
You’ll join the team working on online services for our productions, you’ll enjoy developing solutions that would bring players online experience to the next level! Everything that is between player, game and internet is in your responsibility - Online Services like Authentication, Authorization, Users, Challenges, Statistics, Friends, Store, Inventory, Battle Pass, Sanctions, Progressions, Matchmaking etc. You are entrusted with developing games online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance and developing global services deployed to the cloud that easily scale to support millions concurrent users. You’ll be able to join meet with our product owners and international stakeholders to help them innovate and exploit opportunities offered by online technologies.
You care about providing our players with the seamless online experience for their admired games!
About Online Services
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Online Services helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As an Online Services developer you will appear in all Ubisoft Games credits that will be released since you join the team
- Design, create, optimize and maintain online services (Online Services like Authentication, Authorization, Users, Challenges, Statistics, Friends, Store, Inventory, Battle Pass, Sanctions, Progressions, Matchmaking)
- Develop online features, monitor and operate solutions for Ubisoft video games
- Leverage your tech skills to build scalable and reliable solutions which offer the best experience for millions of players
- Stay up to date with the latest advances in your field and evaluate internal or external technologies to find the best fit for your project
- Participate in determining systems behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Track down and correct the bugs identified by quality control or members of the production team
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and allow users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues in the team and worldwide
- Strong working knowledge of .NET 6+
- Hands-On experience with Containerization (Docker)
- Hands-On experience with AWS
- Experience developing REST APIs backend.
- Experience in unit and integration testing
- Knowledge of database programming with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (MySQL, Redis or similar)
- Knowledge of microservices architecture, distributed high load and scalable systems.
- Knowledge of programming\design patterns
Will be a plus
- Knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD (GitLab) & automation-oriented technologies
- Experience with Python / React JS / C++
- Experience with Kibana / Grafana / Splunk
- Passionate gamer!
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.