Ubisoft IT is looking for back-end developer to join the team in Montreal within our Customer & Marketing Solutions team (C&MS).
C&MS creates solutions focused on delivering amazing experiences to the player and a higher quality of work/life balance for our internal partners. In our team, we are interested in technology, online communities, digital marketing and customer management.
We believe that being data-driven and leveraging technology innovations are keys to reach our goal through Agile product teams.
If you want to join a worldwide multidisciplinary & passionate team of, Product Managers/Owners, Scrum Masters, Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts, QA, and UX/UI professionals, working from 7 countries and coming from even more, here’s what the role is all about:
You will be working on multiple products to help Ubisoft marketing & media team reach Ubisoft gamers through our asset management tool, our marketing links and campaign management tool.
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging and support of online applications to answer clients’ needs;
- Understand technical and functional design requirements, propose alternative options to improve applications to reduce effort or technical debt;
- Support the developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Work with Project Managers and/or Development Team Leaders to define priorities, build project plans and estimations as well as evaluating the risks & impacts of decisions and changes;
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Create technical documentation that is quality driven in terms of deliverables;
- Resolve tickets that are assigned to you in order to implement, modify & suggest improvements to the applications;
- Stay up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development and general web fields.
Relevant experience and training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field or equivalent experience;
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming;
- SQL Server development experience;
- Git or TFS source control usage;
- Web services & APIs design and implementation (REST, SOAP);
- Having Elastic Search Knowledge is a nice-to-have;
- Always thinks and acts with clients’, and user satisfaction in mind;
- Strong analytical skills based on problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Facilitates effective team interaction & collaboration with other teams;
- Fluent in English & French.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.