Network Engineer - Enterprise IT
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Network Engineer within the IT Discipline, you'll be part of a high-functioning team responsible for tackling all aspects of Riot Games' network infrastructure. You take advantage of automation tooling and processes in order to monitor network health, respond to events and eliminate the burden of repetitive tasks. A Network Engineer provides the highest level of operational support, triage, break/fix, and incident resolution - including response to critical issues, notifying customers of network issues and assessing and communicating business impact. As a Network Engineer, you will be tapped to be a resource to deliver important projects. Finally, you will maintain Riot's network infrastructure by providing both remote and onsite support through a 24 / 7 on-call rotation to ensure high levels of network uptime. This role is located in our Los Angeles office and you will report to the Manager, Network Engineering
- Analyzing, designing, configuring, and maintaining network infrastructure and application components
- Provide recommendations/solutions towards the positive evolution of Riot's networking infrastructure
- Respond to emergent events and final point of arbitration for problem resolution
- Be a resource on delivery critical projects
- Be an excellent partner and partner with 3rd party vendors for technical/strategic solutions
- Contribute to internal company Request for Comments (RFCs), including creation of new RFCs
- Utilize the development of automation tools and processes to monitor the health of the network, respond to events, and remove the burden of repetitive tasks
- Participate in On-Call rotation
- Experience with routing that includes a high level experience with hands-on configuration and troubleshooting of related protocols. (e.g. IP, BGP, OSPF)
- Experience with switching that includes a high level experience with hands-on configuration and troubleshooting of related protocols. (e.g. LACP, MLAG, Ethernet, STP, EVPN/VXLAN)
- Network security (e.g. Firewalls, load balancer, traffic visibility, AAA)
- Remote access VPN technologies
- Network utilities (e.g. ICMP, Syslog, Traceoptions, Netflow, SNMP, Wireshark, etc)
- Wireless management, deployment, and protocols
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto, Aruba, Juniper and Arista technologies
- Working knowledge of remote VPN products, Pulse Connect Secure and Palo Alto Global Protect.
- 1+ years of experience with LibreNMS, New Relic, and Prometheus
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Automation frameworks such as Ansible
- 1+ years of experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- AWS networking
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent degree plus experience.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
Base salary range of $93,000 USD - $131,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).