Network Engineer - Esports, Technology
As Riot Games continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s Esports technical teams must grow to meet the challenges and opportunities. All of this is done whilst defining and implementing regionally relevant and functional solutions. This means taking a pragmatic approach to solution development and creatively adapting to circumstances as they change in real-time.
As a Network Engineer on the North America Esports Technology team, you will manage the complete life cycle of our regional network and the network connectivity for events. This means you will assist with planning, deploying, and operating our existing infrastructure to give our players the best experience possible both in the studio and at remote events. With an understanding that we support both Regional and Global esports networking so you will need to iterate on scalable designs that can be deployed easily in the best of times, or efficiently execute disaster recovery workflows in the worst of times.
As we are a global game working with many studios, this role will need to travel within the Americas territory and possibly internationally as permitted.
- Troubleshoot network related production issues at Regional scale
- Implement new solutions and designs in a vendor-agnostic manner
- Contribute to the evolution of our network monitoring platforms
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning
- Be the technical lead and the single point of contact for events
- 3+ years of industry experience or an advanced degree
- Extensive knowledge in supporting Layer 2 and Layer 3 network systems
- Intermediate troubleshooting with LAN/WAN
- Ability to provide constructive feedback around practices, tools, and methods related to production, broadcast and IT operations
- Strong grasp of methodological troubleshooting; critical thinking, analytical reasoning, and problem-solving
- Experience following technical best practices within your team, including process reviews, implementation standards, tools improvements, and testing
- CCNP/JNCIP (enterprise routing/switching, data center/service provider focus); AWS Solutions Architect - Associate, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty
- Experience with security appliances
- Exposure to SMTPE IP broadcast networking standards
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $93,000 USD - $131,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).