Network Engineer, RG China
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. In 2015, Riot Games China was set up and is dedicated to creating tailored experiences for local players. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve game experiences and beyond! We are looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. That’s where you come in!
As Network Engineer within the IT Discipline, you will mentor and provide technical leadership to Associate level IT engineers. You take advantage of automation tooling and processes in order to monitor network health, respond to events and eliminate the burden of repetitive tasks. A Network Engineer provides the highest level of operational support, triage, break/fix, and incident resolution - including response to critical issues, dedicatedly notifying customers of network issues and assessing and communicating business impact. At times as a Network Engineer, you will be tapped to be a resource to deliver critical projects. Finally, you will maintain Riot’s network infrastructure by providing both remote and onsite support through a 24 / 7 on-call rotation to ensure high levels of network uptime.
- Analyzing, designing, configuring, and maintaining network infrastructure and application components
- Evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training to ensure Riot's network performance remains at a high quality
- Provide recommendations/solutions as appropriate towards the positive evolution of Riot’s networking infrastructure
- Respond to emergent events and final point of arbitration for problem resolution
- Be a resource on delivery critical projects
- Be an excellent partner and partner with 3rd party vendors for technical/strategic solutions
- Contribute to internal company Request for Comments (RFCs), including creation of new RFCs
- Utilize the development of automation tools and processes to monitor the health of the network, respond to events, and remove the burden of repetitive tasks
- Mentor other tech specialists on the team and across Riot
- Participate in On-Call rotation
- 8 years of work experience
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize, and self-manage time
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Resiliency / Flexibility
- Solid understanding of routing that includes a high level experience with hands on configuration and troubleshooting of related protocols. (e.g. IP, BGP, OSPF)
- Solid understanding of switching that includes a high level experience with hands on configuration and troubleshooting of related protocols. (e.g. LACP, MLAG, Ethernet, STP, EVPN/VXLAN)
- Network security (e.g. Firewalls, load balancer, traffic visibility, AAA)
- Remote access VPN technologies
- Network utilities (e.g. ICMP, Syslog, Traceoptions, Netflow, SNMP, Wireshark, etc)
- Wireless management, deployment, and protocols
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto, Aruba, Juniper and Arista technologies
- Working knowledge of remote VPN products, Pulse Connect Secure and Palo Alto Global Protect.
- Experience with LibreNMS, New Relic, and Prometheus
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Automation frameworks such as Ansible
- Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent degree plus experience.