Network Programmer (C++) – Online Services
As a Network Programmer, you’ll join Online Services to build network features and replication technology for a broad range of multiplayer games: from smaller co-ops to massive battle royales.
Together with your team, you’ll help answer the most fundamental questions to best address the next generation of multiplayer requirements: Will the game be as responsive as possible in multiplayer matches? Does the latency meet a pro-gamer’s expectations? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
What you’ll do
In a cloud native environment:
- Develop fast, reliable, and fun multiplayer features and replication solutions in partnership with production teams and other network programmers.
- Understand existing functions + suggest and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best multiplayer experience to our players.
- Collaborate daily with a variety of production and support teams.
- Evaluate and resolve network bugs.
- Document your work.
What you bring
- Experience developing with C++
- Experience with distributed systems, multi-threading, and network programming
- Effective cross-departmental communication that allows you to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- A creative and innovative spirit
Nice to have:
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a multiplayer game
- Network optimization skills
- A deep expertise in C#
- Basic understanding of IL
- Experience with C bindings
- Experience developing network features on Microsoft and Sony consoles
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.