Network Programmer (C++)
When you’re a Network Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s low-level network features, the multiplayer engine, and optimizing network performance. You’re part of a team that holds the player’s connected experience at the core of its mission.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the game be as responsive as possible in multiplayer matches? Does the latency meet a pro-gamer’s expectations? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networking and multiplayer engine features. You care about providing our players with the ultimate multiplayer experience they deserve.
What you'll do
- Develop fast, reliable and most importantly, fun multiplayer features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams.
- Understand existing functions, suggest and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best multiplayer experience to our players.
- Collaborate daily with a variety of production and support teams.
- Resolve network bugs.
- Document your work.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in developing and optimizing network code in C++ and Python
- Experience with multiplayer engines, distributed systems, network optimization, and multi-threading
- Experience developing network features on Microsoft and Sony consoles is an asset
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a multiplayer game is an asset
- Experience with C# is an asset
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.