YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
We’re currently seeking an Online Gameplay Programmer to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Lead Programmer.
Your daily adventure:
- Development of our networked and online components on a game project.
- Advise gameplay and content teams and evangelist of good network processes.
- Be a positive, active and contributing team member.
- Offer advice and suggestions for improving the development process.
- Be proactive and help with problem solving.
- Collaborate closely with the Game Designer as well as the graphics teams to determine various game constraints and establish each element.
- Develop server APIs and features for an online multi-player game.
- Create tools to stress testing servers in a lab environment.
- Debug problems related to network library and multi-thread programming.
- Correct defects discovered by QC or your customers in a timely fashion.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- 2 or more years of demonstrable experience as a game developer.
- Strong skills and experience in software development in Unity3D, and C# or C++, knowledge of multi-threaded programming.
- A solid foundation in computer science and software engineering, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, 3D mathematics and software design.
- Wide knowledge of server-client architectures.
- A broad range of knowledge and experience with the full network stack.
- Knowledge of various network protocols such TCP, UDP, HTTP.
- Willingness to contribute to all network layers on both server and client, not just hand off at the transport layer.
- Understanding of anti-cheat solutions for networked games.
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Passion for games and some knowledge of the games industry.
- Have a good command of English.
- Have a work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field. Master’s degree in any of these disciplines is a Plus.
- Experience with iOS and Android development.
- Free to play market knowledge and game design concepts
- Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy
- Reduced schedule: Easter, Sant Jordi, Sant Joan, August and Christmas.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant subsidy
- Cigna private Health insurance
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio
- Great discounts in our games
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Fridays beers
- Mobile device grant based on seniority
- Relocation Package (when needed)
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.