Online Product Owner - Battlefield Central Tech
We are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars™: Battlefront franchise, and Mirror’s Edge. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. That’s why we’re dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we all work towards a common cause.
- Appropriate knowledge of shooters, business models & competition, with the ability to fluently describe needed functionality and break down described Creative experiences into technical Initiatives, Features, Epics
- “You and your entire team always know the most important and urgent things to be working on.”
- Collaborate, representing your team’s contribution and value to the Franchise through product business planning, from strategic through tactical.
- Work with EA and Franchise teams to ensure services and online tech are set up, running smoothly and meet the needs of Battlefield
- Define and develop user friendly tools, systems and efficient online pipelines and workflows that aid in development and iteration of game servers and services.
- Drive a data driven approach to understanding services, their health and use by game teams and Franchise
- Be the point of contact for Live Service vision, direction and issues
- Work with release teams and ensure correct versions of backend systems are rolled out at appropriate times
- Contribute in planning activities throughout the cycle of designing, building and running each game and the entire Battlefield Franchise across the entire Game Development Framework.
- Through appropriate scope and capacity management, ensure Central Tech delivers on promises and contributes to great Battlefield games, delivered on time, on budget and on quality.
- Maintain clear priorities while setting ambitious, yet realistic goals.
- Drive product and development direction using metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and data to make informed decisions.
- Highly effective collaboration with project management and technical peers and partners
- 7+ years experience as a Producer for Online or Services teams working on AAA game(s), through the full cycle of development, or similar experience in enterprise software.
- Roadmapping, planning and execution across multiple simultaneous projects and years, with a fluency and facility in change management.
- Managing through influence across global teams
- Fluency with monitoring tools and dashboards such as Datadog, Grafana.
- Establishing On Call systems for global teams, using appropriate channels
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including collaboration with project management and technical peers and leaders (especially on highly technical topics and feature sets)
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other standards of business.