The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
Your main mission:
- You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development;
- You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
- Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
- Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties) ;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features.
What you'll bring as experience:
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience;
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming. C# programming experience is a plus;
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, (RESTful) web services, microservices approach; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus;
- Experience working with cloud providers & technologies is highly appreciated (i.e. Amazon, Google, Microsoft)
- Database programming knowledge in MongoDB; MySQL and Redis are a plus;
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated;
What you'll bring as a colleague:
- Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Fluent in English.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.