Online Programmer (F/M/NB)
As an Online Programmer, you will join the Bordeaux team and work with Ubisoft biggest productions. Your role will be to design and implement functionalities connecting the players and the online server/services.
- Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the games while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind
- Understand the online intentions of the project and the cloud services
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team
- Ensure the smooth communication with the production team
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features
- Knowledge of Gitlab CI/CD
- Solid understanding of REST API design methodologies
- Dev ops sensibility (terraform, kubernetes, docker, ansible, ...) is a plus
- Confis as code/infa as code experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and good English skills
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.