Online programmer - Online Services (Go/Kubernetes)
Vanguard provides a set of standard APIs and tools to work with dedicated server resources - setup, deployment, scaling, development and operations are simplified and enhanced by a Ubi-centric API and Ubiservice referentials. Leveraging the latest cloud-based and microservices-oriented technologies, it aims to offer maximum stability and scalability. The platform is mainly developed in Go and runs on Kubernetes.
As a member of our team, you will be directly involved with the development and enhancement of the platform, providing flexibility, performance, and stability for Ubisoft’s most ambitious productions. You will contribute to their success by staying in direct contact with them on a daily basis, providing them with the best possible support. You will be committed to ensuring that the game meets the performance and functional standards that were set, from design to post-launch.
What you'll do
- Develop a cutting-edge online platform and efficient online services in collaboration with game production teams and other Harbour partners.
- Analyze and break down feature requests and provide solutions that are realistic, robust, and achievable.
- Work within time and resource constraints.
- Collaborate with many production and support teams in Montreal and around the world.
- Improve our product by identifying and fixing bugs reported by our partners.
- Document your work.
- Remain informed of the latest technological advancements in online services and games.
What you bring
- Experience with Go, C# or C++ programming
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with online service development
- Keen interest in microservice development, cloud technologies, and working with a DevOps mindset
- Ability to learn quickly
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative spirit
In addition to your experience, we consider the following to be assets:
- Experience in the development and operation of online services or games
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in AWS, Google Cloud or Azure services and hosted infrastructures
- Database programming (SQL and NoSQL)
- Development experience on Sony and Microsoft consoles
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.