Online Programmer [The Division 2]
Your life at Ubi
As an Online Programmer, you will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
Your main mission:
- You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development;
- You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
- Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
- Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties) ;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features.
The professional value you bring:
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience;
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming. C# programming experience is a plus;
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, (RESTful) web services, microservices approach; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus;
- Experience working with cloud providers & technologies is highly appreciated (i.e. Amazon, Google, Microsoft)
- Database programming knowledge in MongoDB; MySQL and Redis are a plus;
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated;
The personal value you bring:
- Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Fluent in English.
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on any basis, such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, age, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different.
We are committed to providing a safe and respectful working environment and foster learning and creativity.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!