As an Online Programmer, you use your network programming skills to connect players around the world. Using your knowledge of web and cloud technology, you work on core solutions used by game productions around the world; multiplayer systems, game server systems, and more. You partner with game designers and developers to help them innovate and leverage opportunities in the online space. You work at the forefront of the future of gaming.
- Participate in the creation of new online services related to a game or game service
- Develop, integrate and maintain global online platform services such as Matchmaking, Leaderboards, etc.
- Participate in determining systems’ behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Network optimizations: minimize bandwidth usage, decrease latency, etc.
- Implement replication strategies and leverage existing replication systems
- Support existing functionalities and systems
- Track down and correct the bugs identified by quality control or members of the production team
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge – you remain calm when facing challenging situations. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback relying on your great communication and interpersonal skills. You believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to share ideas and solve complex problems. Attention to detail is one of your strengths and you’re passionate about problem-solving. Besides the above we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Software programming experience
- Professional experience working with the C++ language
- Knowledge of cloud native technology like Kubernetes, microservices, and/or devops/CICD
- Understanding of scalability issues and replication concepts
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
Please read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Winnipeg to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
Ubisoft Winnipeg encourages applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, neurodivergent people, women, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, and people who live at the intersections of those identities and experiences. Ubisoft Winnipeg is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.