Online Software Engineer - Metalhead Studio
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fierce fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked gameplay experiences for our Metalhead franchise. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
EA will support full relocation and visa sponsorship to Victoria, British Columbia.
- You will develop technical solutions for online game features.
- You will do full stack development working on both game client and backend services.
- You will work with Designers, Artists, and Engineers from other domains.
- You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- You will iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows.
- You will work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- 3+ years of experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer, and multi-threaded architectures.
- 3+ years of experience working on Microsoft, and Sony game consoles.
- 3+ years of experience of real-time game networking.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux.
- 3+ years of experience with Visual Studio and knowledge of debugging tools.
- 3+ years of experience with source control systems will come in handy.
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.