Operations Manager, Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Job Title: Operations Manager, Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the Operations Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I), you'll work closely with other members of the team to implement the DE&I strategy and assist in the execution of a diverse portfolio of programs and projects that meet business, people and organizational needs. This position receives general supervision and will work independently on recurring projects. You'll be expected to seek guidance on increasingly complex projects or issues. The ideal candidate will be able to drive strategy, design global diversity, equity and inclusion solutions in partnership with a broad audience of stakeholders.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- DE&I Scorecard
- Define annual scorecard metrics, metrics definitions, and operationalize metric mechanics in collaboration with the People Analytics team
- Gain executive alignment on annual scorecard targets and gain adoption of Exec/Leader accountability within CAIP targets
- Establish and manage an executive rhythm of reporting and review of progress. Provide insights, facilitate problem solving and decision making
- Executive DE&I Rhythm of Business
- Design and facilitate executive meetings, facilitate review of progress and critical discussion topics – enable executives to align on decisions and take action
- Capture key outcomes, decisions, and actions from each meeting and provide a follow up note holding executives accountable for committed actions
- Establish and publish a regular (monthly) executive DE&I company-wide progress report
- DE&I Talent Pipeline Operating Rhythm
- Define and operationalize the DE&I talent pipeline scorecard in collaboration with the Talent and People Analytics teams
- “Real-time” scorecard
- Pivot by organization, ethnicity/gender, network, by locations (where applicable)
- Define a publishing rhythm and recipient stakeholders
- Define core governance team members (small, cross company team of influential leaders)
- Define the structure (roles and responsibilities), rhythm (repeatable and predictable cadence) of DE&I talent meetings
- Define, with the small team and aligned with CPO, how the DE&I talent pipeline will be governed, and how closed loop corrective actions will occur
- Determine how progress will be reported, how accountability will be managed, and how issues will be logged and closed.
- DE&I Game Dev Operating Rhythm – same as the talent pipeline (in collaboration with game teams and People Analytics team)
- Employee Network Operating Rhythm – same as talent pipeline – note that the DE&I Ops Manager will define and facilitate implementation of the rhythm, but may delegate operating the rhythm to the Employee Network Program Mgr.
- DE&I Survey Submissions - Manage data collection, presentation, and submission of external benchmarking surveys (e.g. HRC CEI, Gender pay UK, etc.) as well as manage relationships with the survey vendors. Create a plan to share results with stakeholders (Communications , Early Careers Team, etc).
- 5+ years of professional experience in employee engagement, diversity, equity & inclusion and/or talent related programs and management (or some combination)
- Strong project/program management, with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex and global programs, including project design and implementation, stakeholder management, communications planning and budget management
- Ability to influence and build sustainable relationships with people at all levels of the organization to assist in the development and maintenance of the organization’s global DEI strategy
- Strong diagnostic and data analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail and high commitment to accuracy
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to tailor communication style and content to each audience (one-on-one conversations, team sessions and large groups)
- Strong written communication skills
- Able to work autonomously in a fast-paced work environment
- A bias toward action and creative problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
- Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple deliverables
- Strong presentation skills including building meaningful materials, presenting effectively to leadership
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and sequence work to maximize impact
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.