Oracle Apps DBA
Job Title:Oracle Apps DBA
Great Games Start with Great People!
Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales.
We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activision’s Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard’s World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King’s Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™.
The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the company’s website, www.activisionblizzard.com
Do you like problem solving, improvise on the best, help provide the right solutions? As part of the Enterprise Applications DBA team, you will work with Business Users, Business Analysts and other IT team members to provide support and solutions for the Business. You will be responsible for identifying the right solution and working end-to-end in successful implementations, upgrades, security of the systems and others.
- Experience with Installation and Maintenance of Oracle ERP (R12).
- Day to day activities for ERP and/or Database including but not limited to creating, cloning, patching, code migration, performance tuning, capacity planning, database monitoring, administration, user management, backup/recovery management, SR management, monitoring applications and its services, documentation.
- Responsible for overall database administration, tuning, monitoring and control of all of organization's enterprise databases - RAC and Non-RAC.
- Configure, maintain PCP, RAC, DataGuard, RMAN and other related technologies.
- Act as liaison to Oracle ERP and other internal applications teams.
- Responsible for EBS System Administration - User/Role Management, Responsibilities Management, Concurrent Manager/Requests Management.
- Administer and maintain Oracle Databases 11g/19c on UNIX platforms.
- Strong hands-on experience with scripting in SQL and on Linux using shell, Perl and/or Python.
- Responsible for providing database consultancy to internal groups in support of various applications (logical design, physical design, failover, DataGuard, etc.).
- Responsible for day-to-day effective technical performance of the database and its activities, including taking necessary action to improve performance and initiate recovery activities when system failure occurs.
- Responsible for database backup and recovery procedures to ensure the integrity of disaster recovery process using RMAN, DataGuard, etc.
- Maintain documentation and contribute to the ongoing development of new standards.
- Ensure proper disaster recovery procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Responsible for contribution and adherence to standards that ensure the integrity and security of the enterprise's data resources.
- Undertakes technical evaluation of new or prospective Oracle implementations.
- Perform database upgrades.
- Migrate Data and/or databases using optimal technology - Export/Import, Data-pump, Transportable tablespaces.
- Fine-tune WebLogic, Tomcat for ERP and various applications.
- Create, manage, support Cloud DBs such as CloudSQL, PostGres on Cloud Platforms such as GCP and others.
- Work with other team members and guide them where required.
- Key areas of expected competence: Architecture, Availability & Maintenance, Backup and Recovery, Business Processes & requirements and Security.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in database administration of large-scale systems and a BA/BS degree.
- Monitoring and tuning are an important part of this role and detailed understanding of the Oracle data dictionary, Explain Plan, optimizers, indexes, and SQL statement tuning are key.
- Must be proficient with the use of Oracle 19c Database tools and its use in troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with the setup of database clustering, replication and experience with Oracle Real Application Clustering (RAC) and DataGuard.
- Must have solid hands-on database and operating system experience and knowledge.
- Must have experience and thorough understanding of backup, recovery, database reorg, data/database migration procedures/technologies for ERP and Non-ERP databases.
- Must provide organization with 24/7 support for production databases.
- Experience with data warehousing and financial reporting tools would be helpful.
- Familiarity with RMAN is required.
- Strong project planning, problem solving, and communication skills (written and verbal) are all essential for success in this role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Oracle ERP System Administration - User/Role management, Concurrent management, Oracle Workflow, Notification Mailer and other appropriate responsibilities
- Understanding and experience with Oracle Advanced Security, WebLogic, Tomcat is a real plus.
- Must be aware of and follow standard business practices in DB management, ERP management and Security aspects of it.
- Experience with tools such as OEM, TOAD
- Experience with GCP, CloudSQL, Postgres is a plus.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Excellent Communication
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™ and our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $34.28 - $63.42 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.