Packaging Engineer - 163345
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Advanced Packaging Yield Manager (3D/2.5D Packaging)
Data scientist focused on driving packaging yield for AMD's portfolio of products across client, server, gaming and GPU products. Collaborate with product design teams and technology development partners to understand future product needs and define a yield roadmap that includes Design for Manufacturing (DFM)/Design for Yield (DFY) guidelines. Engage with worldwide ecosystem partners to gather data, analyze and identify yield improvement opportunities. Work closely with internal IT and external data analytics providers to establish analytics systems/methodologies.
The candidate should have a proven track record of driving yield improvement through data analytics and machine learning in a semiconductor manufacturing environment. He/she should have a hands-on approach to using data extraction and analytics tools such as SQL, Python, JMP/JSL. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills to share complex signals/recommendations with technology partners, colleagues, product architects and AMD management
- Develop and deploy yield prediction tools for advanced packaging architectures (3D, 2.5D)
- Define and implement design for manufacturing (DFM), design for yield (DFY) guidelines
- Work with internal IT and external data systems vendors to develop and deploy automated yield tracking tools
- Define yield roadmap and work with partners to achieve key technology/product milestones
- Evangelize data analytics tools/systems to partners and mentor other engineers on data analysis skills
- 5+ years of experience with driving yield improvement on advanced packaging architectures such as 2.5D, 3D die stacking
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role training, mentoring, and managing yield engineers/data scientists
- Experience working with manufacturing partners such as substrate suppliers, OSATs and foundry partners.
- Experience working with Jupyter notebook, cloud computing/data warehouse solutions is a plus
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Requisition Number: 163345
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Packaging Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.