Payment Coordinator - Music Licensing
Who We Are:
Take-Two develops, publishes and markets some of the world's biggest games. We publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, Ghost Story, PlayDots, Social Point as well as Private Division label and Nordeus. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, Ancestors and The Outer Worlds.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
The position of Payment Coordinator will have the unique experience of working at the intersection of the business, legal and financial fields of the music industry. This position will support the Music Business Affairs team by handling day to day internal and external processes related to license payments and royalties, including collaborating with internal partners, responding to external inquiries, and managing payment processes and related reporting. The successful candidate will be highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to efficiently manage various high-priority responsibilities. Candidates must have experience working with large data files and be comfortable with formatting large amounts of data to achieve the required results and reports. This a great opportunity for someone looking to start their career with a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of video games around the globe.
What You’ll Take On:
Work with internal finance, labels, legal counsel and staff, external licensing agents, and rights holders to:
- Process and track outgoing payments for music licenses across the company.
- Maintain database of payment-related information and easily manipulate the data as needed for reporting purposes.
- Review and file payment-related documentation.
- Onboard vendors and request appropriate documentation for processing of payments; serve as primary contact for any questions from vendors and ensure answers are provided in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work closely with Finance Operations, International Tax, and Accounts Payable departments to diagnose and resolve internal and external payment queries.
- Review royalty reports to ensure they are consistent with contractual obligations.
- Research and resolve failed and returned payments.
- Initiate, drive, and implement improvements of license payment processes and reporting.
- Other support as necessary for various Music Business Affairs projects.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience preferred, or a demonstrated interest in music business affairs.
- Prior music administration and payment processing experience strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to understand music licenses and other music agreements and related payment information.
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects at any given time.
- Ability to work proactively and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment.
- Good working knowledge of Excel (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUPS).
- Knowledge of JD Edwards databases is desired but not a requirement.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.