PAYROLL & BENEFITS COORDINATOR
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
· For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
· Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
· We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
· We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
· When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
· You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
· We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome! And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
We have a great opportunity for someone with previous payroll experience to help process the payroll and benefits here at SEGA for our 1,300 employees across our 5 UK studios. With support from the Total Reward Manager, you will ensure all payroll and benefits processes are completed efficiently, on time and accurately. We’d love someone who has a keen eye for detail, an inquisitive mind and is confident working in a fast-paced and varied role.
· Processing our monthly in-house payroll. This will include:
o Working alongside HR contacts at each of the studios to collect payroll data and ensuring this is uploaded into the payroll system
o Manually entering data as and when required
o Paying the necessary disbursements (e.g. HMRC liabilities, court orders etc.)
o Administering employee payslip access
· Assisting with parental leave calculations
· Ensuring all tax year end processes are completed (P60s, P11Ds, P11D(b)s)
· Processing monthly pension upload
· Assisting with the expat payroll
· Being the main point of contact for any payroll queries
· Uploading necessary reports for our benefits provider
· Assisting with the annual benefits renewal process
· Coordinating onsite days (e.g. pension roadshows, health screenings, flu jabs)
· Being the main point of contact for any benefits queries
· Maintaining data integrity between our HR database, payroll system and benefits provider
· Supporting the Total Reward Manager with any payroll/benefits/compensation projects
· Ensuring all processes are documented and updated as and when changes are made
· Processing invoices/POs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Previous payroll experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel, with an in-depth knowledge of v-lookups and formulas
· Strong attention to detail
· Process driven
· Organised and pro-active
· A quick learner
· Confident working towards deadlines
· Previous experience processing payroll in-house
· Previous experience coordinating benefits
· Previous experience working within a HR team
· Previous experience using SDWorx and/ Sage People