PC Build and Release Engineer
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for talented Build and Release Engineer to join our online services PC development team in Leeds. Come join a passionate and dedicated team of individuals focused on growing our online platform and providing industry-leading game experiences to our players.
The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences. On PC, the gateway to these titles is the Rockstar Games Launcher.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Launcher is a Windows desktop application that allows players to access their Rockstar Games PC collection quickly and easily in a single place, across both digital and disc-based titles including ones purchased from various other digital stores.
- As a Build and Release Engineer, you will work with a team that is responsible for the integration, merging, branching, building and deployment of the Rockstar Games Launcher and all PC titles.
- Developers at Rockstar Games rely on the Build and Release team’s consistent delivery of new PC builds to forge world-class player experiences.
- Integration and deployment of game builds and tools to multiple environments.
- Management and documentation of deployment processes and automation.
- Environment management to ensure all needs are covered for testing and development.
- Create and maintain tools to improve the build pipeline.
- Communicating new releases and issues to the development team.
- Working with developers and QA to ensure builds are stable upon release.
- Diagnosing and troubleshoot build problems, and advertising these to the team.
- Assist and support developers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Programming experience in C# and C++
- Scripting and automation skills in one or more of PowerShell, Python, bash, or similar.
- Scripting experience with MSBuild.
- Solid understanding of integration best practices.
- Must be self-driven and a team player with a solid work ethic.
- Experience with automated build systems such as TeamCity, or equivalent.
- Experience with Perforce, or equivalent.
- Experience with bug-tracking software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Familiar with PC digital game distribution platforms.
- Experience with debugging and resolving compiler issues.
- Experience working with remote or distributed development teams.
- Passion for games (especially Rockstar Games titles).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.