Peer-to-peer engineer (W/M/NB)
The Ubisoft Strategic Innovation Lab is a “think & do tank” reporting directly to Ubisoft’s CEO, Yves Guillemot. Its mission is to prepare Ubisoft to the future of entertainment by exploring social and technical changes to keep the pace of innovation of the gaming industry. To investigate and build the future, the Lab links foresight researches to quick prototyping and deeper exploration when needed.
Convinced that a multidisciplinary team is best suited to dig into medium term and long-term trends, the Lab brings together various profiles such as neuroscientist, sociologist, philosopher, marketing experts, engineer, developers, tech artist, dev ops…
In 2019 one of the Lab’s deep explorations was at the origin of the Blockchain Initiative, a team dedicated to look for blockchain opportunities for Ubisoft and the gaming industry at large. Our mission is to build internal solution, prototypes and products. The B.I. is also working closely with the blockchain ecosystem, thanks to the Ubisoft Entrepreneurs Lab program, a startup incubator in Paris, allowing us to co-create innovative experiences based on startups’ technology or products.
As a peer-to-peer engineer you will be involved in the development of prototypes, products or services within the blockchain initiative. You will not only collaborate with blockchain and backend programmers, but also with the creatives of the team (UX, Game designers, artist), the Lab at large on various topic, and other department and production within Ubisoft.
Your main tasks will be as follows:
- Design, prototype and implement protocols and distributed solutions according to the team’s roadmap
- Explore new solutions to solve specific problems linked to Web3 architecture
- Provide support to team members and programmers from other working units whenever required
- Put your creative mind at work to contribute to innovative prototypes and products
- Share your vision of the future of the web
If you are ready to join us and take up this challenge, and if you recognize yourself in the following traits, then go for it!
- You have an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architecture and protocols
- You are experienced in designing and implementing such protocols
- You are experienced in systems programming (C/C++, Go or Rust)
- A good knowledge in distributed ledger, blockchain, game theory and web3 technology is a plus
- You are open to explore new frontiers such as Web3, blockchain, and other innovative technology
- You are able to work as part of team with good communication & interpersonal skills
- You have very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- You are attentive to details
- You are pro-active and self-motivated
- You are a fast learner
- You have good English skills
Don’t hesitate and send us your application if you want to join us in this position at our International HQ based in Saint-Mandé.
Joining Ubisoft means joining a company that sends you all the thrilling vibes and energy you can find in a startup, along with all the perks of a big company! These include:
- Profit sharing
- A workplace team dedicated to make your daily work experience at Ubisoft the best: Monday morning breakfasts, rest areas, gaming areas, free hot drinks and fresh fruit, discount on a wide range of shows…
- And that’s naming just a few!
If you are interested in this position and reckon you have what it takes, all you have left to do is send in your application via SmartRecruiters. We will get back to you within 3 weeks and if we think your profile matches the needs for the role, we will organize a 20-30 minutes phonecall, followed up by 1 to 2 interviews.
We look forward to reading you!!
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
The position is attached to the International Headquarter.