About this Role
At Fandom, we pride ourselves on making informed and data-driven decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – our people. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity. We’re looking for an experienced People Operations Generalist.
The People Operations Generalist responds to questions and inquiries from employees, vendors and government agencies. Supports and maintains data in our HR Systems. Works in partnership with the People Systems and Analytics Manager to drive data driven decision making and process improvement. Performs and provides analytical support to the People department with a focus on key HR performance indicators and metrics. Responsibilities include HR data entry, gathering, auditing, analysis and reporting, including assistance in various People processes and areas. This position reports to the Director, Global People Operations.
- Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and processes and completes required filings to maintain compliance.
- Perform tasks required to administer, support, communicate, and execute human resource processes and programs including but not limited to payroll processing, compensation, benefits, and leave of absences; new employee onboarding, performance and talent management, recognition and engagement, occupational health and safety, and training and development
- Provide day to day HR support including responding to employee and manager inquiries, completing compliance filings, escalations and general people operations.
- Input and ensure data accuracy, provide training, complete audits, system configurations, and integrations of APIs for Human Capital Management (HCM) including: Talent Management, Performance Management, Career & Succession Planning, Learning Management, Payroll/Compensation, and other System Management.
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities to leverage systems, integrations, best practices, and data sources.
- Support and maintain weekly, monthly, quarterly, year-end, and ad hoc reports to provide human resources data, trends, and developments on identified goals.
- Collect, review, analyze, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data; identify trends and patterns and translate findings into recommendations and actions.
- Apply a breadth of tools and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact people-related business questions.
- Support HR and business initiatives as needed
- BS/BA with 4 plus years experience OR MA/MS/MBA with 2 plus years of experience preferred
- 3+ Years HRIS experience
- 3+ Years experience as Generalist
- Experience with Excel, to include formulas and pivot tables
- Solutions oriented/driven, ability to influence and communicate complicated information in a simple, easy to understand way.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
- Training (unlimited Udemy + more)
- Flexible working hours and time off
- Equity & Retirement Programs including 401K match
- Paid Parental Leave
Fandom is the world’s largest fan platform where fans immerse themselves in imagined worlds across entertainment and gaming. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer