Unity is growing fast! Hiring and retaining the best people is key to our success. HR Operations is the engine that enables success for employees, managers and internal partners at Unity. Our goal is to make it easy to work at Unity by designing scalable best in class systems and solutions to manage and process worker lifecycle events accurately and efficiently. We’re on the seek out for a People Operations Specialist to help us deliver on that goal. In this role you will collaborate with the regional EMEA and global HR teams and other internal partners (recruitment, finance, workplace experience, IT) to help us deliver smooth and easy to use HR services.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll provide an excellent HR service from onboarding to offboarding and all that happens in between, constantly striving to make things better for our employees and partners. You’ll deliver on a high volume of transactional work, as well as being highly communicative, and take care of more complex issues.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining accurate and on time data in our service desk and our HR information system, Workday; also supporting, suggesting and driving fixes and system enhancements.
- You’ll work closely with the payroll team to deliver accurate and timely payroll information changes for monthly payroll; constantly reviewing how and what information we deliver, driving as much towards Workday as possible.
- You’ll contribute to the smooth running of our time off and benefit plans (vacation, leave of absences, pensions, health etc) - driving forward robust and efficient processes that are built to scale.
- You will partner with our awesome team of HR Operations Specialists (our EMEA team is located in the UK, Denmark and Lithuania) to share your experience and knowledge with the team, learn from others, and deliver on new initiatives.
- You will work with our HR Location Partners to help translate local employment compliance into operation, being mindful to keep things as simple as possible.
- You’ll engage with other teams across the business to deliver various HR projects.
What we're looking for
- Operations is your thing! You have been in an operational HR role with a fast paced transactional workload including payroll, benefits, HRIS (ideally Workday), employee data, administration. You thrive in roles that involve transactional and operational tasks, process improvement and scalability. You enjoy using your critical eye and analytical skills to tackle ambitious problems, and delivering usable solutions for employees.
- You are tech savvy and love looking for opportunities to use technology to work smarter and not harder.
- You are highly self motivated and self managing, with excellent time management and organisational skills. You use your own judgement to execute on your work.
- You are an outstanding teammate able to operate in a geographically dispersed team. You are equipped with positive and energetic personality, and the willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You are able to work in a very fast paced environment which is regularly changing. The role requires ability to resolve appropriate balance between speed and quality.
Occasional travel for projects and team meetings several times a year, and ad hoc on occasion.
Occasional early morning or evening calls with our teams in the Americas and Asia Pacific regions.
You might also have
- You will have a sound working knowledge of employment law and benefits in one or more countries, and ideally have worked in HR across multiple countries. Extra points if they are any of the following: France, Spain, Belgium, UK, Ireland.
- You are passionate about the employee and manager experience—it’s always top of mind for you. We tackle for their experience, not ours.
- You are hungry to try new and creative approaches. We don’t want traditional solutions unless they happen to be the best ones.
- You know all the latest tools and have a point of view on their value
- Experience working with colleagues from many different cultures across international offices
- Experience working at a technology company
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.