Performance Technician - Technical Marketing Lab - 147563
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Performance Lab Technician - Technical Marketing Lab
Support graphics product management, product marketing, sales and PR by testing, analyzing and detailing 3D performance and other key features of graphics products.
- Measure and report on the performance of the entire AMD Radeon graphics product line, plus relevant competitors, using industry standard benchmarks, 3D games, and other relevant tests.
- Measure, analyze and track the performance changes that arise in each new Radeon display driver. Characterize performance changes in terms of which products are most strongly affected, which resolutions, which framebuffer sizes, and similar. Generate summary points to be presented in the driver release notes and other outlets.
- Measure the performance, features and quality of upcoming graphics products, comparing them to existing and competitor products. Use games, synthetic benchmarks, diagnostic tests and utilities as appropriate. Analyze results and report strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Analyze new competitor products in a similar fashion.
- Contribute to reviewers' guides that highlight the performance and features of upcoming graphics products. Depict performance data in charts and graphs, document “how to test” steps and other relevant materials.
- Monitor and report on trends in review techniques (titles used, resolutions, image quality settings, etc.). Track release schedules for new games and benchmarks. Incorporate new titles into the test flow in a timely manner.
- Analyze new test applications and games for system and graphics sensitivities. Prepare and present reports that highlight the performance of key Radeon and competitor graphics products in the new title.
- Write scripts and related tools to build command lines and configuration files that automate performance testing. Generate code that launches test applications at various settings, traps error conditions and takes remedial actions, parses result files, installs helper apps, etc.
- Prepare images of current Windows operating systems to be deployed across numerous test machines. Use Microsoft sysprep and DISM tools. Update the OS images as required to keep pace with service packs and other updates.
- Solid understanding of computer graphics and video technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Action oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with PC assembly and hardware upgrades, hardware and software troubleshooting
- Experience installing and configuring Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Familiarity with semiconductor and PC industry standards
- Ability to multitask optimally in a fast paced environment
- Experience with C++, Python, XML, HTML, Excel, databases would be an asset.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar related field is strongly preferred. Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce and similar programs that include a rigorous IS, IT or CompSci component may also be considered.
- Canada, Ontario, Markham
Requisition Number: 147563
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:Business Marketing
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.