Physical Design (PnR) Methodology/CAD Engineer (182222)
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Physical Design (PnR) Methodology/CAD Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Physical Design CAD Engineer
This is a great opportunity to develop and maintain world-class hardware physical design flow in a fast-paced production environment on the very edge of modern technology! The goal of our Silicon CAD team at AMD is to determine a set of standards and techniques for designing chips with the highest performance, lowest cost, and lowest power usage. We then automate these best practices into a software design flow for efficiency and consistency, and work with various design teams to put the software to use in constructing next-generation GPUs, CPUs and APUs with industry-standard EDA software tools such as Synopsys IC Compiler II and Primetime.
You are a highly motivated self-starter, who is passionate about solving problems and reaching goals. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and collaborate well with others on your team, as well as with other business units.
- Developing new flow features around new EDA tools and tool capabilities.
- Developing innovative physical design place & route methodology and flow solutions to meet current and future digital design challenges.
- Working closely with EDA vendors to evaluate their capabilities and drive future improvements to meet AMD roadmap requirements.
- Tuning the design flows to achieve optimal power, performance, area and turnaround time on a range of designs spanning CPU, GPU and SoC.
- Improving and maintaining the flow infrastructure and automation.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and customer support in a global multi-cultural work environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in developing and supporting CAD flows for RTL to GDS design of multi-gigahertz digital designs.
- Experience with advanced process technology nodes, preferably 5nm or more recent.
- Extensive experience in developing and customizing high performance design flows using industry-standard EDA tools for logic and physical synthesis from Cadence, Synopsys, or a similar vendor.
- Experience with driving EDA vendors to make tool improvements or new functions to meet advanced or unique design requirements.
- Working knowledge of static timing analysis, high performance clock tree design flows, and PPA optimization methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Excellent UNIX and scripting programming skills (Perl, Python, and/or TCL). Experience with software build automation and version control software (e.g., Perforce, Git) is a plus.
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, and communication abilities, with the ability to contribute to company-wide consensus on design flows and tools.
Requisition Number: 182222
Country/Region/Location: India State/Province: Karnataka City: Bangalore
Job Function: Design