Physical Verification Design Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SOC Physical Verification and Design Engineer
AMD is offering an exciting opportunity to Silicon Design Engineers to join our Implementation (Front End (FE) and Physical Implementation & Integration) Design team making a multibillion gates SOC in their latest bleeding edge foundry technology.
Candidate is encouraged to have strong knowledge on the following physical design and verification functions.
- Hands-on experience in custom CMOS layout design
- Hand on experience in LVS/DRC/Antenna rulecheck and debug, preferably in SOC level.
- Work with Physical Design team on Floor Plan, ram placement, and APR flow optimization to achieve clean by construction.
- Knowledge in ruledeck coding, latch up and ESD protection is strong plus
- Accountable for project delivery.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux environment and good at scripts
- Hands on experienced in EDA tools like Calibre, ICC2 and ICV.
- Understanding of floorplan and layout techniques for foundry rule compliant
- Experience in scripting with TCL, Perl or Python
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good writing, reading and listening skills in English
- Good communication skills with strong interpersonal skills with flexibility
- Dedicated, hardworking and good team player
- 5+ years of projects tapeout experience
- We welcome new college graduates with passion in high performance computing to apply, and will be considered for similar junior position.
- MSEE with 3+ years or Bachelor with 5+ years of industrial experience in ASIC design
- Markham, CAN
Requisition Number: 171906
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.