Player Experience Insights Manager (Production Manager)
We’re looking for a well-established Player Experience Insights Manager who will be working conjointly with our game productions and be a major actor in building the best, most innovative player experiences in the industry. This person will be the owner of the project’s player experience while leading an amazing team of experts in establishing and executing their strategy.
You will manage a team of extraordinary specialists and ensure the professional development of its members. Using a multi-faceted approach, you will collaboratively develop and execute a research strategy, gathering and analyzing evidence to put players at the center of production decisions.
You will take full advantage of a first-class user research lab with 7 rooms, 35 seats and remote testing technologies. Through your work, Ubisoft will deliver the most engaging and innovative game experiences possible.
What you'll do
- Build from the ground up and execute a player experience strategy from the conception phase in to live game operations, based on production team priorities, design pillars and PX objectives;
- Directly manage, and make efficient use of a fully embedded expert group composed of experts in Human Behavior, Game Analytics and other specialized expertise;
- Drive the elaboration of high-impact, multi-data (game telemetry, survey, observation, biometric, etc.) player experience insights and maximize the use and reach of these findings;
- Become a trusted ally in decision-making processes with production core team members & other important stakeholders;
- Collaborate with other expertise teams such as Market Knowledge, Community Development and other expertise in building influential advanced insights;
- Collaboratively drive the recruitment and onboarding of new team members;
What you bring
- Passionate about games and understanding players’ behaviours, wants and needs.
- A solid experience and relevant achievements in conducting mixed method research studies and generating insights by triangulating multiple data sources.
- Have a solid knowledge of game development & game design.
- A natural at intellectual empathy; being able to be the player’s advocate as well as deal with multiple and diverse stakeholders with various priorities, perceptions and interests.
- Focused on delivering results that yield actionable findings that meet and surpass industry standards in terms of industrial approach.
- A collaborative team player; who easily understands the benefits of working with other experts and playing on each other’s strengths to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Highly organized, capable of leading multiple studies and projects on operational subjects, while keeping the strategic objectives in sight in large team environments.
- Able to evolve in a complex ecosystem, adapting to standards and processes in place while continuing to improve and innovate them.
- Equipped with background in people management (as sole manager or ‘dotted line’).
- Experience conducting research embedded on a game production or product team, ideally in the video game industry.
- Making sure that the people you work with have fun while achieving highly ambitious goals.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.