Player ViewModel Animator (Star Wars FPS)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Our Star Wars FPS team is looking for a highly skilled Senior Player/ViewModel Animator who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible Star Wars experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who will help us tell stories and express emotions through remarkable animations and gameplay. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do…
- Reporting to the Lead Animator, you will create a variety of high-quality view model animations within Maya.
- Work closely with the Principal ViewModel animator and execute high-quality animations based off the kickoffs.
- Work with Motion Capture data in Maya.
- Implement animations into the project’s engine with full ownership of your work.
- Work with multiple departments such as Design, Tech Animation, and Code to complete tasks. Communication is key to understanding how each discipline contributes to the asset.
- Take animations from conceptualization to shipping without direction if necessary.
Ideally, you will have…
- 2+ years professional game development experience.
- Keen eye for the art and craft of animation.
- Experience with full body character animations and first person weapon animations.
- Strong understanding of Body mechanics on humanoid and fantasy characters
- Very strong key framing ability.
- Able to adapt to realism in style.
- Motion Capture cleanup experience.
- Experience in integrating animations into Unreal engine.
- Shipped a AAA game as an Animator with a focus in ViewModel animations.
- A strong understanding of video game animation development.
- Experience in working closely with Designers, Tech Anim and Engineers
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 - $141,800
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 - $141,800
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $105,250 - $141,800
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 - $118,550
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 - $130,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.