PMTS GPU Ray Tracing Architect (Design Engineer) - 162205
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU Ray Tracing Architect
RTG (Radeon Technologies Group) Architecture team is instrumental to AMD’s success. We are a distributed team that creates innovative hardware solutions and delivers world class GPUs. As a GPU architect, you will be working on exciting projects with the very best and most passionate GPU team in the world.
A self-motivated graphics enthusiast. An effective team player who focuses on collaboration, team building, mentoring, and furthering team success.
- Work with a team of architects to explore new ray tracing technologies in real-time and offline applications.
- Implement new features related to ray tracing.
- Analyze ray tracing benchmarks and games.
- Improve ray tracing performance on current and future hardware.
- Work closely with architects on creating innovative HW/SW solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers and managers on multiple sites.
- Identify complex technical problems, break them down, summarize multiple possible solutions, and help the team make advances in Performance, Power, and silicon Area (PPA).
- Experience in GPU programming and ray tracing.
- Excellent C/C++/Scripting (Python, etc.) skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to details.
- Deep knowledge of ray tracing algorithm.
- Experience in implementing ray tracing apps on GPUs or CPUs.
- Knowledge of Graphics/Compute APIs (DX/OpenGL/Vulkan/OpenCL etc.).
- Knowledge of GPU architecture is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in Electrical Engineering, Computer architecture, or Computer Science with relevant experience preferred.
- Master or PhD degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer architecture, or Electrical Engineering.
Boxborough, Santa Clara, San Diego, Austin, Orlando, Markham.
Requisition Number: 162205
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.