PMTS Silicon Design Engineer - 136441
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Principal Physical Designer
In this role, you will join the high-performance core physical design team. You will work directly with external disciplines (CAD/DFT/Architecture) as well as vendors to fix or improve flow and methodology.
The successful candidate will independently execute design work and contribute technically with a high general impact on the overall design. We are seeking someone who is innovative and eager to learn. Does this describe you? If so, then join us!
- Implement working knowledge of principles of logic and transistor level circuit design, CAD tools and expertise in one of many functional areas (e.g., clocks, standard cell libraries, synthesis, place and route, electrical analysis, etc.).
- Innovate and improve the design. Point out lower power and higher performance tradeoffs.
- Preparing schedules and scope several months in advance, such as building the analysis schedule for a given flow step or setting the delivery of a circuit macro across the project.
- Prepare well thought out recommendations for technical reviews (e.g., design tradeoffs, bringing a list of various options to a technical review, then submitting a strong recommendation).
- Strong breadth of knowledge on silicon design issues and ability to communicate effectively across multiple organizations and disciplines as well as strong ability to mentor less experienced designers.
- Mastery of logic, circuit design, CMOS transistor design, and CAD tools for high-performance design.
- 15+ years circuit design experience preferred
MS degree in Electrical Engineering
Requisition Number: 136441
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.