Be responsible for defining and developing the games Presentation Direction that will become the “2D Visual Signature” for the product.
- Conceptualize, develop and supervise the direction for:
o Development of the visual identity at a brand and product level;
o The game’s user interface (map, navigation, HUD);
o The games menus and outer shell;
o In-game environmental branding and world building 2D assets;
o Environmental interfaces, in-world interactions with UX considerations whilst staying within the brand and game fantasy;
- Champion and drive accessibility through user interface and 2D based content;
- Create and maintain templates and presentation guidelines for internal and external communication;
- Work with community feedback and the evolving needs of the product to iterate and refine presentation elements;
- Work directly with brand and marketing teams to ensure consistency and accuracy in the consumer facing presentation of the product;
- Champion and drive the execution of tonal elements through the means of 2D presentation, considering input from art, narrative, audio and brand.
- Contribute to the overall design process and artistic direction of the game;
- Work with the Audio Director to ensure that the audio is in line with Presentation direction and overall creative vision;
- Work with the Art Director to set the style and the most appropriate look-and-feel for the game. Ensure that all contributing artists understand the presentation signature;
- Develop with the internal brand team the visual direction and marketing presentation of the game;
- Develop and work with internal brand team in how the games presentation direction will translate into marketing assets and guidelines;
- Supervise internal presentation and development materials, being consistent with the game’s presentation signature;
- Ensure the creative vision is clear and understood by all contributing artists and designers across multiple development locations, while fostering collaboration and communication best practices;
- Attend and contribute to game playtests to feed into the overall development and iteration of the game;
- Work with centralised studio teams and production teams to identify talent and develop the internal team’s skill sets.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of game design and how it relates to presentation elements;
- Ability to communicate a direction through multiple means of delivery;
- Strong understanding of usability and user experience;
- Knowledge of the current games market and industry trends;
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines/skill sets within a production team;
- Ability to give and receive feedback from a range of seniorities and job disciplines;
- Understands visual storytelling and has the ability to direct compelling imagery that creates an emotional response.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the creation and direction of User Interfaces within the game industry. Relevant experience from other industries will be considered;
- Experience working with brands and developing visual guidelines.
Benefits and Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.