Presentation Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
About the Organization: EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and athletes. We are creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment and create the next great EA SPORTS game.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable sports IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
About the role: The Presentation Software Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
- Use and design REST-based HTTP APIs.
- 3+ years' experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
- Strong knowledge with C++, ASM is a bonus.
- Json and XML, able to read/understand and write.
- Experience working with online services/severs. (HTTP via REST)
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems.