Principal Concept Artist, Environment, Unpublished R&D Product
As a Concept Artist at Riot you will bring environments to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will come up with visual solutions for game concepts and world building. As a senior member of the team, you will help mentor your fellow team members to continue to raise the quality bar at the studio.
As a Principal Concept Artist, Environment on the R&D team, you’ll be responsible for creating environment and prop concepts that fit the thematics and tone of our game, while helping to define a unique interpretation of the IP. Your craft expertise, high-level execution and attention to detail of the world will enrich the player’s immersive experience in the world. In this role, you will report to the Art Director.
- Work closely with the Art Director to explore and define new styles and tones in the IP
- Ideate and create environment, prop, and other supporting visual development artwork
- Discover and incorporate interesting trends and non-traditional reference
- Craft detailed concept art for production artists and outsourcing
- Continuously deliver concept assets that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game and visual design
- Collaborate with artists on the team by providing and receiving creative/team feedback and providing clear creative goals and outcomes to your team
- Guide and mentor junior members of the team
- Minimum 8 years of environment design experience in the gaming or an equivalent industry
- 5+ years of professional experience working in Photoshop or equivalent software
- Experience creating environment concepts with varied locations, styles and genres.
- Experience shipping at least one game title
- Experience working on a highly recognizable stylized game
- Experience working in pre-production for at least one game title
- Familiarity with Riot’s products
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality environment concept art - including stylized artwork
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $151,000 USD - $211,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $151,000 USD - $211,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.