Principal Lead Product Manager, Amazon Games
Apr 13, 2023
San Diego, United States
- 8+ years live game product management
- 4+ years managing a team
- 3+ major game titles released or managed ($25m+ revenue)
- 50+ live content releases
- 2+ years of game experience working with game design, core loops and monetization vectors
- 2+ years of game experience working in analytic and economic analysis
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across design, tech, and product
In this role, you will draw on your experiences managing complex businesses, solving technical challenges, and influencing key partner teams to drive initiatives to completion. You will be appreciated for your desire to quickly formulate plans supported by data that you can then execute across many work functions simultaneously. You will collaborate with peers who are customer centric, resourceful, and team oriented; if you enjoy an inclusive communication style, are comfortable thinking big about ambiguous problem sets (while paying careful attention to detail), and appreciate a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you are empowered to take ownership and deliver results, this role may be an ideal fit for you.
- Manage a team of Product Managers that are leads for individual games
- Assist development teams with strategy, design, and execution of live-operations game content to include monetization, engagement, and retention systems
- Communicate with stakeholders on developed strategy, execution, and results
- Execute the building of live operations content
- Design and execute live-testing
- Use data to drive actionable insights pre and post release
A day in the life
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry
About the team
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
We embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
- Experience across multiple platforms (PC, Mobile, Console...etc.)
- Passionate gamer with an emphasis on user generated content games and communities
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen
- Effective negotiator, make smart trade-offs (e.g., time vs. effort vs. features), and drive appropriate schedules
- Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple time zones
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $170,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $350,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.