Principal Live Ops Producer - Live Operations
Riot’s mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. We do this by continuing to evolve and deliver new experiences to players with games like Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runterra, VALORANT, and League of Legends: Wild Rift. Riot is also expanding into the world of music/multimedia with the release of our animated series Arcane and music from KDA and True Damage. In short - it’s an exciting time to be a Rioter.
As the Principle Live Ops Producer, you will combine deep experiences with product leadership capabilities to provide players with essential features and supporting systems. In this role for Live Operations, you will directly help ensure Riot's games and services are delivered across the globe. Live Production at Riot is a consultative role where you will demonstrate your ability to create a strategic impact and manage service delivery capabilities in an operations environment. You will partner with product managers, program managers and other technical leaders across Riot to provide a healthy live service. You will find creative new ways to handle incidents, problems and changes to both protect players from outages but also allow engineers to do what they do best and provide players with new content and features. You will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Product Manager.
- Facilitate identify gaps in our service management suite and recommend projects to collectively improve technical operations at Riot
- Guide how the initiative implements its engagement process with its customers
- Train and up-skill individuals on relationship management, process implementation, and building supporting data for recommendations
- Work directly with our Product owners to support the DFS (design for supportability) loop for the initiative
- Directly support the customer engagement with our largest partner, League of Legends
- Engage with product teams to review their live service and provide consultation on how they can maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- Develop, track and report on the deliverables of the live environment to the stakeholders of your embedded product
- Provide business case by doing deep data analysis, competitive analysis and translate business requirements into clear direction for engineering teams
- Partner with Game Studios and Engineering teams across Riot to drive improvements for the player experience.
- Participate in on-call escalations and guide NOC and engineers to restore services to players
- 12+ years of experience in a Production role and building excellent business relationships with partners and customers
- 3+ years of experience with Data & AI Supportability and its related products, service delivering value and impact.
- Experience in Operations and Improvement
- Experience with Product and Process lifecycle management
- Experience in Data analysis
- Six Sigma/Lean data analysis skills
- PMI/Program management skills
- Excellent teamwork, team leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.