Principal Performance Verification Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Performance Verification Principal Member of Technical Staff
The successful candidate will join AMD's Semi-custom Business Unit (SCBU) Performance Verification team. The team’s mandate is to analyze AMD’s next generation SOC architecture through modeling and RTL simulation. This role will involve working with SoC and IP architects to evaluate performance, and design and verification teams to execute verification plans.
- Work in the SCBU SOC Performance Verification team
- Develop simulation infrastructure and methodology advances that are required to model specific customer requirements
- Work with architects and designers to debug functional and performance issues
- Develop, track, and communicate project plans internally and with SCBU customers
- Utilize customer feedback to improve performance testing and enhance deliverables
- Contribute to a global team that will execute to a high standard of quality
Job responsibilities also include multi-discipline interactions with IP and SoC architects/verification, SW developers, tool owners, logic designers, and verification engineers to identify, resolve and document architectural performance issues.
The ideal candidate will have no less than 15 years of professional experience in the industry with a proven track record of successfully building and delivering complex SOC platforms for computing devices. Some of the following qualifications are strongly preferred:
- BS or Masters degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering or Computer Science with emphasis on computer architecture and performance/power analysis
- Experience with computer system simulation and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated success working in global development teams
- Experience mentoring colleagues to develop technical capabilities within the team
- Experience working with cross-functional teams from multiple departments
- Experience with ASIC hardware design and verification languages/tools (Verilog, System Verilog, System C, OVM/OVC)
- Proficiency with programming and scripting languages (C/C++, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience analyzing system bottlenecks and optimizing computing systems for performance
- Detailed microarchitecture knowledge in one or more of the following IPs - CPU, GPU, DSP, multimedia co-processor, I/O subsystem, DRAM controller
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
Location: Boxborough, Austin
Requisition Number: 171861
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.