Principal, Publishing Operations - Global Marketing, Game Marketing
As Principal Ops Lead, Global Marketing Operations, you will report to Riot's Head of Global Marketing Operations and sit on the Global Marketing Operations Leadership team. Through partnerships with leaders from the Global Marketing Leadership team in multiple crafts and responsibilities, you'll help guide integrated marketing operations across diverse, global teams. You will discover plans, new strategies that guide clarity and collaboration across Global Marketing. This work will aid in the focus of the GM Ops team in translating goals of marketing at Riot into strategic and execution plans; drive the "how" of the work that happens in marketing globally.
You will define and lead collaboration processes for Global Marketing, partner teams and external partners. You will ensure that Global Marketing's output is informed by and delivered harmoniously with upstream, downstream and horizontal partners and workflows, making the tradeoffs necessary to ensure our collective work fulfills Riot's mission as the most Player-focused company in the world. You will create an atmosphere of continuous improvement as Riot grows and mature into a multi-dimensional games, esports, and entertainment company.
Improve marketing effectiveness and cross initiative efficiency
- Guide alignment of autonomous teams towards complex multi-year/multi-product goals
- Create a repeatable, connected marketing campaign development process across global marketing and regions that harnesses the unique strengths of Riot and innovates to mature and modernize.
- Identify opportunities for improved operational excellence within Global Marketing and across essential partners and partner teams (i.e. regions, publishing, and product teams )
- Improve marketing campaign solutions and processes to improve resources and understanding of Global Marketing priorities as developed by the global marketing leadership team
Establish and align resourcing and procurement optimization
- Develop and participate in anticipative planning and active risk management, in connection to marketing activities prioritization and roadmapping.
- Improve the effectiveness of procurement and agency relationships by designing centralized frameworks and operational best practices that improve relationships and increase visibility and connectivity within global marketing organizations
- Develop a framework that links SMEs responsible for agency engagement and procurement across Global Marketing teams (create space for the unique SME of each major global marketing team, while also driving unified practices to improve)
- Aid Head of Global Marketing Operations in ensuring a watchful eye on resource direction toward priorities, scope creep, and issue resolution between teams across Global Marketing
Lead sourcing, development,alignment, and documentation of foundational global marketing practices
- Create roadmaps, documentation and rituals that promote communication, collaboration and transparency for cross team initiatives within global marketing
- Set up foundational systems for information sharing and transparency across global marketing and between key partners and partners (i.e. SOPs and knowledge base; regions and publishing pillar teams)
- Contribute best practices with the Publishing pillar operations community
- 10+ years total experience managing (direct or indirect) people and complex projects in a marketing environment
- Knowledge of marketing plan development and deployment across marketing disciplines
- Experience managing media partner relationships
- Experience leading cross-functional teams across global markets
- Passion for teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent knowledge of Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.